Friday, January 30, 2009

The weekend

This weekend I spent in Rishikesh. I am exhausted because I went river rafting and kayaking for most of the day. I did this on the Gangies river, and because it was hot I went swimming, and so I have been blessed for some amount of time (I think it is measured in lives). We where going to a Wild Life preserve near by, but because rafting took too long and other reasons that where out of my control we where unable to. I took a tour of the Ashrams here, the place to study yoga and get natural treatment of what ever you want. It is really awesome. Everyone here is really nice, and all about yoga, its kind of like a cult of something. Everyone has on orange clothes and is muttering some chants as they do some meaning full act. I have learned that Hinduism seems to be the most complicated and interesting religion ever. I am simply blown away by it. I will be leaving in the morning for Than Goun for the next week, my final week here in northern India before leaving for Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment