Friday, January 9, 2009

Rishikish for the weekend

I am here in Rishikish for the weekend! It was a short trip from Derhadun on a twisted road, which the bus driver drove on like he was driving a car 100x smaller. It was insane, and all the more so because I was having Ghostland Observatory blasted into my ears, while trying not to gasp at the driver or scare the old Indian lady that sat next to me on the most cramped bus I have ever taken. On Wed. I went to a Buddhist temple, which was huge and grand. There where tons of monks and Pilgrims everywhere, and yet has been the most peaceful place I have been in India. Because it was so sweet I set off to go to a Hindu temple the next morning which my host mom told me about (Alibaba or something). She told me to take wickram 8 to its end and then get on wirkram 1 to its end and then its just right there. Awesome I thought! I soon found that I could not find wikram 1, but because I was determined to a to a freaking temple and I was not going to let anything stop me I convinced myself that the host mom had meant to say wirkram 2, because there where lots of those. So I got on and rode it to its end and found that I was really no where and there was no temple. Still I was determined that I could find it so I just started walking straight down the road as some little boy began to follow me. It was amazing, after walking for about 15 min. a small temple stood right in front of me! Sweet! I took some pictures and the monk there gave me a banana and a dry sweet nut mush ball. I was very content that I had found the temple, which I found out later that night was not the right one and the others had no idea about it. Only in India could I just go straight and find a temple. HA! Well I will now have to find the one I was actually looking for another day, but I am happy that I found my own.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA. You show them Curtis. You're probably going to have the most unique experience out of anyone... never actually making it to where you want to go, but discovering the awesome hidden things. You should have started a blog years ago- very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! you should post some pictures though... to give us the full experience :)

    ReplyDelete