Sunday, March 15, 2009

The End of India

I have been in Goa for this last weekend! Goa is basically a crazy Russian party influenced India. It’s Russia’s Mexico. Because India has no rules (yeah there are laws but no one really cares that much about enforcing them or following them you could expect that Goa is a very strange mix of partying Russians and local Indians trying to sell them things. It is my last day here in India; I fly out in about 3 hrs. It has been great, I have learned a lot about medicine traveling, and Indian culture. I have enjoyed it immensely. From my travels I have concluded that India must be the hardest country to govern because of the non-shilant attitude that everyone has. Yesterday I was at the beach sitting in a bungalow a paraglider came down and landed on the crowed beach, kind of crashed, had his sail hit some lady on a sun chair and no one even cared. Everyone one was just like, what ever. Even the person that got hit. This event embodies India, and its attitude towards everything. While here at the beach I have relaxed become a bit more sunburned (yeah, skin cancer, ouch!) while watching the butt loads of people wandering around, being hassled by sunchair-wallas (walla means person that sells or provides something). Seafood here is great, and Indian style, which means that it is very spicy. Last night I had the spiciest meal of my life. My head was like one of those cartoons, all red with my ears shooting fire. I pulled a Ben Benson and sweated through my shirt and my hair looked like I had just taken a shower with sweat dripping off my nose. It was wild. I am excited to come back to the US, with all its amenities and familiarities, but I will miss India, with all its exotic sights, sounds, smells and people. While here I have read 7 books watched over 14 surgeries, and seen more deification, sick people and disparity of wealth then I am able to describe. I have no idea who has been reading this blog so if I start repeating stories then just tell me and I will come up with one that I did not write about. As the Indian tourist board says it’s truly Incredible India.

1 comment:

  1. Hey curt, thanks for doing this blog. I've followed it regularly, and have enjoyed reading about your adventure. Later ~Dwight

    ReplyDelete